The Chica and Heinz Schaller Research Award
Applications are open to non-tenured scientists up to 40 years of age with an excellent record of independent achievements as a junior group leader in biomedicine. Exceptions for the age limit can be made for periods of parental leave or special circumstances at the discretion of the Board. Candidate autonomy should be documented by outstanding publications arising from his/her own independent research group as a senior author.
The research group should be located at one of the institutions of Heidelberg University. In case of dual affiliations, the primary affiliation of the applicant must be Heidelberg University.
Applications from scientists holding a W2/W3 professorship or an equivalent senior and tenured positions will not be considered. Junior/W1 professors without tenure are welcome to apply.
Reapplications by previous applicants who did not win the award are possible, if the requirements stated above are fulfilled.
Of the 100,000 € award, 90.000 € is specified for the pursuit of the awardee's research. The remaining 10,000 € can be used at his/her discretion.
The Foundation will consider applications that are submitted until 5th September 2022.
Submit a PDF version of the following documents (in 11-point-type) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Summary of current scientific achievements (one page).
- Research plan (one page).
- CV (one to two pages).
- List of publications (original papers and reviews, abstracts and talks should be omitted).
- Prizes and awards.
- Third-party funding including principal investigator, funding organisation, duration and amount.
- Members of the applicant's research group including information on the funding of positions.
Please, no reprints, preprints or academic certificates.